Collective Haul | Beauty.

Leave a Comment


So if you have read my previous post you will know that I have been shopping recently, I'm going to put this down to the fact that my student loan had recently come in & I have no self control. So I thought I would share with you the things I've picked up recently.

The majority of these products are from boots, so will probably be available in most stores or online.

If any of you follow me on twitter you will know that I've been in a desperate attempt to return blonde after having bright red hair for a few months, long story short I'm blonde again but like with most home dyes of this style I've been left with some gingery/brassy strands of hair. I've tried the John Frieda Blonde Colour Renew Tone Correcting shampoo & conditioner before and it has worked wonders, so I picked them up again, and already after a couple of washes it has reduced the brassiness in my hair. Be warned that the shampoo & conditioner is purple in colour - something that gave me a fright when I first saw it. I love the smell of the shampoo & conditioner and as well as reducing the ginge tinge it leaves my hair feeling like its in really good condition. I would highly recommend this product if like me your on a hair journey to be rid of the remnants of a dodgy dye job.

I'm a massive fan of Soap & Glory products but have never really tried any of their cosmetics, but I saw a review of the Lid Stuff Eye shadows on Louise's blog  and I really wanted to give it a go I picked up the 'Whats nude' palette as for eye shadows I'm only really a fan of browns/golds/nudes. On first impressions I'm a big fan, I will probably do a full review of this product at some point, but at the moment I'm liking it. If your interested in this range that had a lot of colours to choose from if your abit more brave with your eye shadow colour.

Whilst were on eye shadows I recently picked up the MUA undressed palette I do really like some of the colours in this palette, not really the blue toned colours so much, but the gold & brown toned shadows are something I'm a fan of. These eye shadows are very pigmented I've found but can be blended easily for a  natural look. I'm not sure I like it more than my Heaven & Earth Palette but I'm sure most of the colours will get good use. (I'm thinking of doing a review on both of my MUA palettes - is that something you'd be interested in seeing?)

Sticking to the eyes, I decided it was high time that I got to grips with make up brushes and I'd heard raving reviews about real techniques brushes, so I picked up the Real Techniques Eye Starter kit, I'm going to do a more in depth post soon so I won't go into too much detail. I will say that even though I'm not the most expert when it comes to brushes, these seem to be pretty good and make my eye make up look much more precise and just better in general. Hopefully soon I'll have them worked out fully.

This purchase was abit of a random choice but I've been wanting to try pore strips for ages now, since I saw Zoe  mentioning them in a video. I was in boots one day and was in the skin care bit and decided to pick up the Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Facial Pore Strips I probably should have done abit more research into the ones I was going to get, but oh well got to live in the moment I guess. Immediate impressions - not good! I tried one and I really don't feel like it did anything, obviously the likely thing is that I've done it wrong so of course will give them another go but I definitely think next time I will have to do my research.

The last item I picked up is from Benefit, shock horror! Its a highlighter, I already have Benefits High Beam which I have already done a post on here! But as summer is VERY slowly coming around the corner I wanted a slightly more summery high lighter so I picked up Sun Beam and I really like it, I think it suits my skin tone much more and gives a more healthy/dewy glow to my skin. I'm also going to do a review post on this soon.

So these are all the make up & beauty items I have picked up recently as I've mentioned with most of them, I'm going to do more in depth review posts so make sure you keep an out for them in the near future.

Do you have any of these make up items? If so what do you think?
Do you have any make up recommendations based on this post?

Speak Soon
Charlotte xx

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig