Beauty Haul.

17 comments


Oopsy. I went shopping.  How naughty of me.
Over the past couple of weeks I've ventured into the usual suspects: Boots, Superdrug, Debenhams etc. and built up a little collection of goodies which I thought I'd show you.

I'm completely obsessed with Barry M nail polishes at the moment & have been desperate to get my hands on some from the new Gelly range. So I picked up two colours which I think are perfect for summer: Guava & Passion fruit. Passion fruit is a gorgeous orangey red & Guava is the most perfect bluey green. I am very very impressed with these two colours they are beautiful & will look even lovelier with a tan...if we ever get any sunshine that is. I'm loving the Gelly range so much already, the nail polish drying time is so much faster & my nails look really lovely and shiny after I've used them. Very pleased with these and will most definitely be picking up some new colours soon.



As I was in Boots I decided I needed to pick up a new fragrance of some sort as unfortunately my beloved Daisy perfume has run out :( I really wanted to get the Daisy Summertime edition but unfortunately did not have the funds so in order to save up I grabbed one of the Natural Collection Body Spray's & the one I picked up is Mango & Papaya. Out of all body sprays I've tried this one is my all time favourite. It smells of holiday! That's all I can say about it, its literally perfect. It leaves me feeling refreshed and obviously smelling nice and every time I get a whiff I feel like I'm laying on the beach in the Bahama's or somewhere. If your looking for a cheap body spray then I would definitely recommend this product and the brand as a whole they have a lot of lovely other scents.

I've heard so much hype over Sleek  makeup products & have been desperate to get my hands on one of their blush palettes as I have heard/read raving reviews but typically every single Superdrug I'd been into either didn't stock Sleek or have the products I was looking for and it was all getting rather irritating, until recently when I had time to kill after an interview and before getting my bus I thought I'd wander into Superdrug for a browse & yay they had exactly what I was looking for.

I picked up the Blush by 3 palette in Lace & the Face Form Palette which is for contouring, highlighting & contains a blusher as well - I actually thought I'd picked up the contouring kit but quite obviously was mistaken. I love the Lace Blush palette, the colours are beautiful. There is Chantilly - a lovely bright orange colour, Guipure - which is a shimmery pink coral & Crochet - a rose/pink colour. They are all lovely colours,  wonderfully pigmented, a little definitely goes a long way with these so use sparingly to avoid looking like Ronald McDonald. I'm not normally a keen blush wearer but I most definitely will be changing that now that I have this palette.  The Face Form palette is also quickly becoming a firm favourite the bronzer and the highlighter are perfect, they are both very natural colours and are easily blendable to create a beautifully sculpted looking face - they are doing a very good job at giving me the appearance of cheekbones underneath my chubby hamster cheeks. The Blush accompanying them is a gorgeous pink colour a cross between Crochet & Guipure I'd say. So far Sleek I am very impressed and will definitely be popping back for some new bits very soon.





On a recent trip to Debenhams I went to the Urban Decay counter as I wanted to try the All Nighter Make up Setting Spray as I'd heard really good things about it, whilst I was there I also picked up the Eye Primer Potion. First impressions of both products have been very good, that's all I'm really going to say about these products here as a) I plan to write a separate review post on the two items and b) This post is going to be crazy long already.

I also went to the Origins counter and purchased the Super Spot Remover & despite the large price tag for such a small product, I am very very happy with it, I've been using it for just under a week now & I've noticed a vast improvement in my skin already. I use this on any spots I have & on the particularly problematic areas on my face as it also helps prevent breakouts. Very pleased - I may also do a separate post on this product too so keep your eyes peeled.


So the last item in this not so little haul is the Fudge Urban Iced Coconut Cocktail Hairspray. I first discovered this brand from Zoe's Video  & was actually aiming to get the Ice Raspberry & Vanilla one that she talked about but that one wasn't available when I was in the shop, this one was however. As I still needed a hairspray I thought I'd give it a go and I'm very glad I did, it says it has a strong hold and I would 100% agree with that its held all the hairstyles I've needed it to & it also keeps my hair very soft none of this crispy hair nonsense. As for the smell...It is incredible. If the Ice Raspberry & Vanilla is as good as this one then I can't wait to try it. 10/10 for you Fudge hairspray.



So that was a long post, sorry about that I hope you managed to stick it out to the end.
Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts?
Do you have any reccomendations?

Speak Soon
Charlotte xx

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

17 comments:

  1. We have such similar tastes! The Lace palette is amazing.

    elrbx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I know I love it so much already!

      Charlotte xx

      Delete
  2. I love the sleek products, the guipure blush looks beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) It really is a gorgeous colour.

      Charlotte xx

      Delete
  3. I want it all xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to buy this Sleek Face Form trio. Every time I see it though, I get scared because of how pigmented the colours are.

    I'll keep an eye out for your review of the Origins Spot Remover. I've heard a lot of good things about it but reading one more review would be good.

    whatwouldgracekellysay.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely pick it up, its amazing.
      It should be up in the next week or so - depending on how organised I am haha

      Charlotte xx

      Delete
  5. Nice haul I want to get the UD setting spray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the Sleek face form palette, the pigmentation for all 3 is amazing! The contour is my favourite out of them, I don't know how I managed with out it before haha. I also have the Origins spot remover but it does nothing for me, my skin tends to either not react or react badly to stuff anyway though so it's probably just me!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The contour is incredible, so glad I found it ha!
      Oh no that's a shame! My skin is like that with a lot of stuff too!

      Charlotte xx

      Delete
  7. I so want to try the Urban Decay primer and spray, love their products! great post:) xxx

    www.trustinvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, they really are very good products!
      Thanks :)

      Charlotte xx

      Delete
  8. Those colours from Barry M are lovely! Great post, I am about to follow you. Wonder if you could head over to my blog and possibly follow me too?
    www.charlyb128.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! The whole Gelly brand has some really lovely colours, definitely won't be the last I buy of them.
      Thank you very much for following, I too am now following you. :)

      Charlotte xx

      Delete
  9. I haven’t tried anything by Origins personally but I’ve heard a lot of good things about it. Sounds good though from what you’ve said too. Might have to actually go out and try some now! Defiantly your newest fan now xx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig