Goodbye University.

4 comments
September 2011 marked the beginning of my University experience, and has changed my life in so many ways. I'd never have thought back then, that I would be where I am now.

Fresher Charlotte 





After a pretty turbulent first year I was near enough certain that it wasn't for me and that I wanted to leave, that would have been one of the worst decisions of my life. Despite having some ups and downs over the course of the three years I have come through the other side feeling so proud of myself and so happy with how my experience has gone.

I mostly count my uni experience as my second and third year. First year was a challenge for me as I was thrown into a house with four girls who I didn't know, and whilst we all got on so well, towards the end we began to drift and I found myself feeling quite isolated. Thankfully I had 4 amazing friends on my course who I jumped at the chance to move in with for second year. 

Second year was absolutely brilliant, us five girls bonded so much, unfortunately to begin with I was slightly more reserved after my experiences in first year, but my lovely housemates were quick to pull me out of my shell. Second year was also difficult for me personally, as it was when my anxiety & panic attacks developed in full force, this also caused me to isolate myself a bit during towards the end of the year.






Third year was without a shadow of a doubt the best, I came back after summer understanding my anxiety a little bit more and I was able to recognise the symptoms of a panic attack before it struck, reducing the amount of nights out ending in tears thankfully. My friends were a huge support to me during that time and helped me to push myself back into certain situations. We went out a lot more, despite having the dreaded dissertation looming over us, its all about balance - work hard, play hard, right? And boy did we do both, hungover days spent discussing the previous nights events and gorging ourselves on Dominos pizza become a very regular occurrence, as did countless days spent in the library. The last month or so were some of the best, we handed our dissertations in and were filled with relief and after a few more deadlines and exams we were ready to celebrate. Hard. And boy did we, the last few weeks were filled with drama, drunkenness and hilarious memories, however slowly but surely the goodbyes began and saying the final goodbye to every single person who I'd consider a friend was so hard. 










Then on the 30th May, we spent our last night in our house. The place we'd called a home from home for the past two years, and despite it being a typical student house, slightly worse for wear and mismatched, it would be missed. For our last evening as the five housemates we enjoyed champagne and a BBQ, followed by an emotional night of speeches and awards as well as reading the hilarious memories from the jar we'd been documenting them in for the past year. It was the perfect end to the perfect three years. And the next day we enjoyed breakfast for the last time and then said our goodbyes.  The car journey home was as emotional as I expected it would be and it really made me realise how much I actually loved my time at university and how much I really will miss it.






I am so grateful for the experiences I've had, the memories I've made & the people I've met, so many people have had an impact on me as a person and have helped me to grow in confidence. They've all seen me at my best and helped me at my worst. I will never forget these three years and the memories will stay with me for years to come.

I have now been back home for good officially for a week, its gone exactly as I thought it would, the first two days I felt this emptiness and emotional side of me come out, followed by a yearning to go back and eventually came the acceptance. This is an end of an era, but it also marks the beginning of a new one and if it even remotely pars with the previous one, then I welcome it with open arms.

Have you finished university recently? 
How did you find your experience & How did you cope with leaving?

Speak Soon
Charlotte xx

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments:

  1. Aw reading this makes me feel kind of jealous - i hated uni so much! I only lived out in my second year and everything that could possibly go wrong did, it was an awful experience that i moved out as soon as id handed in my last project.

    Seems like you had a lovely experience (minus all the panic attacks and anxiety of course)!

    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never went to Uni but it sure looks like you had an amazing time! Also that fondent fancy birthday cake looks extremely yummy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just finished my third year at university too and I feel exactly the same! There's been ups and downs but it ended on a high and I'm so sad to be back at home :( I lived with 7 girls and it really was the best experience ever, will miss it a lot! xxx

    www.myvtgworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've recently finished university and feel so many emotions as you've expressed in this post.
    Sadly I never lived away from home & love reading other peoples posts on that experience from their 3 years. It looks like you've made some amazing friends & lots of memories.

    -sarah xo

    ReplyDelete

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig