V Festival 2015.

1 comment


This weekend just gone I ventured to Chelmsford, Essex for my first ever festival; V festival. The tickets of which were a drunken purchase during our travels in New Zealand. This post will be a run down of our festival experience and a few hints and a little bit of advice for any first time festival goers.







Our Experience.

As first time festival experiences go mine was pretty damn good. The weather was on our side which was definitely a contributing factor to a great weekend, apart from a brief 2 hour downpour on Sunday afternoon, the weather was absolutely baking hot; blue skies all around. Monday morning when we were leaving wasn't quite as spectacular but torrential rain when you're hungover and making you're way home isn't the worst thing in the world I suppose. It was nice to spend a weekend with my travel buddy and we had a great time eating unhealthy food, day drinking with pimms and cider and dancing around to all the amazing bands, we even caught a bit of a tan. 



Giant Yorkshire Pudding.

Home time. 

The Music.

As the bands are pretty much the sole purpose of a music festival it would seem odd not to give them a mention. I was really impressed with the V line up and was very excited to see bands I'd been wanting to see for a long time and also pleasantly surprised by acts who were a lot better than I was expecting to be. As me and my friend Libby have some differing music tastes we did split up occasionally to see different people, but dancing on your own in a crowd is all part of the fun.






The bands that I watched were:
Saturday - Marina & the Diamonds, James Bay, Jess Glynne, Hozier, The Courteeners, Sam Smith, Tom Jones & Kasabian.

Sunday - The Kooks, George Ezra, Ella Henderson, Clean Bandit, Ellie Goulding, Kodaline, Calvin Harris and Stereophonics. 

Highlights: James Bay, Hozier, Kodaline, Kasabian & Stereophonics




Advice. 

1. Be Careful. Make sure you keep all your valuables on you and in a safe place, and if you're friends have a bit too much to drink then look after them. Basically don't be a dick. 

2. Plan ahead. Once you know who you want to see check to see if there are any clashes and then plan accordingly, it saves so much aggravation later on.

3. Have Fun. Don't take it too seriously, if you don't all want to see the same artists that's cool, just make a plan for where and when you'll meet and go do your own thing. 

Packing.

The Essentials.

Tent.
Sleeping Bag.
Roll Mat (optional).
Portable Charger.
Toilet Roll.
Food.
Tickets/Wristbands.
Sun cream.

Toiletries

Hand Sanitiser.
Paracetamol/Ibuprofen.
Body Spray.
Baby Wipes.
Dry Shampoo.
Mirror.
Makeup.

Food & Drink. 

Clothes.

Warm clothes for night time.
Socks. 
Wellies.
Shorts.
Sunglasses.
Waterproof Jacket.

My approach to my clothing choices was: festival fashion meets comfort. I wore a lot of the items I'd purchased during my time travelling because they are all comfy items but fit in well with the kind of laid back, hippy, festival vibe. 

Some of my festival fashion.

I had an amazing time at my first festival, I loved everything about the weekend and I can't wait for next summer to plan plenty more festivals. I would definitely recommend going to a festival, even if camping isn't for you there is plenty of alternatives and the atmosphere is 100% worth it.



Have you been to any festivals this year? Which one?
Would you go to Festival?

Speak Soon
Charlotte xx 


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I went to V Festival last year, too! Will you be going again this year?

    James Bay was a highlight for me, too. He was incredible at Glastonbury 2015 as well and he certainly knows how to entertain a crowd. His debut album is phenomenal if you haven't listened to it already. Calvin Harris was good too, and I'm glad toy

    I'm gutted that I missed Jess Glynne at V Festival last year - I saw Pendulum instead and they were amazing. I missed Jess at Glastonbury too because I saw Frances instead, so I'll definitely be seeing her at V this year. That being said, I've already met her in real life at the top of the Shard in June, so I can't complain too much, haha!

    I personally found Hozier, George Ezra, Kodaline and Kasabian all a little disappointing, which was a shame. Sam Smith was incredible though.

    I second your advice about not being a dick - that's very important, haha!

    I'm glad you had a great time!

    Liam
    www.thelifeofathinker.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig