Truck Festival 2016

1 comment


I love festival season, especially since the weather has been almost too good to be true. It's the perfect time to don your wellies, stock up on cider and have a good boogie to some awesome bands.

A couple of weekends ago I attended Truck Festival, located in Steventon, Oxfordshire. An authentic festival set on a farm in the beautiful countryside. Sounds good so far right?

Having lived in Oxfordshire my whole life its quite shocking that I've never attended before. However I've recently moved to 10 minutes away from the festival site so there was no excuse not to attend this year. I was also lucky enough to score a free ticket, so it would have been stupid not to.

Truck Festival has been running since 1998 and refers to itself as the 'godfather of the small festival scene.' It has become one of the UK's longest running and most popular small festivals and prides itself on sharing the music of up and coming acts and household names. Some names that you'll recognise who have played this festival include: Biffy Clyro, The XX, Foals and Two Door Cinema Club, among others.

Describing itself as 'Anti Major Festival,' Truck is quite unique in that it not only allows food and drink into the campsites, but also into the arenas, and it ensures the food takings are returned to the community in the form of charitable donations.

Catfish and the Bottlemen
The line up this year was brilliant including: We are the Ocean, Mystery Jets, Coasts and Kodaline. The highlights for me were Catfish and the Bottlemen and Jurassic 5. I had a brilliant weekend soaking up the sun and enjoying fabulous company. What is really enjoyable about Truck is that its very chilled, you can quite happily wander off and know you won't get lost too easily. I'd recommend Truck as a first festival trip because of this atmosphere, as its not quite as overwhelming as some of the larger festivals such as Glastonbury or Reading.



I would thoroughly recommend Truck to anyone, and hope I will be able to attend this year.

Would you consider Truck Festival for 2017?

Speak Soon
Char xx
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of Truck festival before, but it definitely sounds like an interesting festival with its own unique vibe.

    Please tell me you saw Two Door Cinema Club? They're my second favourite band (Madeon is just at the top) and I saw them at Glastonbury this year - they are phenomenal! Are you a fan of their music then?

    I keep hearing good things about Catfish and the Bottlemen. I really must check them out.

    Great post!

    Liam
    www.thelifeofathinker.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig