Common People feat. Ultimate Blogger Dress

Leave a Comment

Guys, festival season is finally here. This is not a drill. I love summer for many reasons; the weather, the tanning, the long evenings etc. but the main reason I love summer is for the festivals. There is nothing more freeing than roaming around a muddy field in floaty dresses and glitter, drinking dirty pints and dancing like a fool to talented musicians. 

My 2017 festival season kicked off with Common People in Oxford. As I live only 45 minutes away from Oxford it seemed like the perfect day festival to go to. It's quite a cool, small little festival, but was the perfect way to ease into the madness. 



The weather was an absolute dream, the forecast was that it was going to chuck it down but it managed to stay bright, sunny and dry all day. Though I did manage to come away with some dodgy sunburn lines, oops. The festival itself was so aesthetically pleasing, I love all the quirks and decors that festivals have, I guess it must be the Instagram junkie in me. The lineup was a bit of a mix, the acts in the day were a bit hit and miss and I hadn't really heard of many of them, but that just meant more time for boozing. The lineup got a lot better during the late afternoon/evening, when we were greeted by Becky Hill, Rag 'N Bone Man & Pete Tong. All were absolutely insane, but I think jumping about to Pete Tong and the orchestra's renditions of Ibiza classics as the sun was setting was a personal highlight.



One of my biggest thought processes when heading to a festival is the outfit, it's the perfect excuse to go all out and experiment. I knew I wanted to wear this H&M embroidered number as soon as I bought the tickets, it's the ultimate blogger festival dress, perfect for those edgy Instagram pics. I actually got ridiculously hot in it, so did have to take it off towards the end, but it's super light and was easy enough to shove in my bag. 




My first festival of the year was a resounding success and I can't wait for the rest of the summer now. 

Have you been to any festivals yet?
What festival are you most looking forward to this year?

Speak Soon
Char xx 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig