Have A Stalk

1 comment


It's time to dig a little deeper and dish the dirt on my deepest darkest secrets. Not really, but I enjoyed that use of alliteration. I was tagged to answer some questions in the Liebster Award so that's what I'm going to do, mostly because it's some hell good questions and my blogger babe tagged me to do them. 

Major thanks to the fabulous Belle for tagging me in this! If you don't follow her already, please check out her blog & social media and give her a follow. She's an absolute babe, has top notch gif skills and has the most fabulous sense of style. What more could you want?

Let's get crack-a-lacking. 

1. Where in the world would you love to travel and where would you love to live?

This is the hardest question in the world for me because I absolutely live to travel. I am so blessed to have been able to visit so many amazing places already, but there are still so many on my list. India is absolutely at the top of my list to visit. I am so fascinated by the culture, the colours & all the food of course. I would also love to explore America, especially visiting Salem, Massachusetts during Autumn. Costa Rica and Cuba are insanely high up on my list as I need to finish exploring South America and make my way up to Central and then North America. Basically I just want to keep travelling and never stop.

As for living, I 100% want to live in Japan for a bit, it's way up there on my must visit list. I am obsessed with Japanese culture, style and again the food, duh! 

2. Can you speak any other language? Or is there a language you wish to learn?

I can speak enough German to get me by but that's about it. I really want to learn Japanese obviously and I'm also interested in learning Korean. Such niche languages for someone from Britain, but I think both languages sound so beautiful and also look amazing when written.

3. What is your favourite film franchise?

Lord of the Rings. All the time, every time. I include The Hobbit trilogy within that franchise, so I suppose it's the 'Middle Earth' franchise technically, but I will always hold a much higher regard and love for Lord of the Rings. And if you didn't already expect this answer from me then you have not been paying attention to this blog properly, shame on you.

4. Who is your favourite historical figure?

This is such a difficult question for me as there are so many people I find interesting but don't know enough about to call my favourite. I must admit I'm not the biggest history buff but I would say in terms of image, controversy and decadence I'm super intrigued by Marie Antoinette. My actual favourites would probably have to be old writers I find them super intriguing, I would love to be able to look into the lives and mindset of people like Jane Austen, Sylvia Plath, A,A, Milne, Lewis Carroll, J.R.R Tolkien and Edgar Allen Poe. 

5. What is your go-to outfit for those days when you feel underwhelmed or need a pick me up?

I can go one of two ways, I either go for complete comfort or I go so unbelievably extra, and there is no in between. 

6. What book are you currently reading?

The Establishment and how they get away with it  by Owen Jones. It's super interesting and I would thoroughly recommend. I'm massively obsessed with 'real life' non fiction books at the moment. 

7. Is there a book or film you want to read or see?

The book I have been meaning to read for absolutely years but haven't quite got round to doing so is The Book Thief. I've heard such positive reviews that I really need to give it a go. 

8. How do you deal with negative comments towards you or your blog?

I'm very much a 'I don't really give a shit' type of human, if people are rude about me I kind of just brush it off, if people are rude to me then they will often receive a dirty look and a sassy or sarcastic comment. Saying that, I do have a massive temper and if someone makes me genuinely angry then they will be in for a blazing row. In terms of my blog, the way I see it even if people are rude about it, they've still gone out of their way to read it, so who's the real winner? 

9. Do you have a favourite quote that makes you feel better on bad days?

My favourite quote is from the Disney film Mulan (obviously Disney was going to make it into this post somewhere.) 

'The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of them all.' 

This quote is so special because it is the perfect reminder not to compare yourself to others, we all achieve things differently and things happen to us at different times, and even when it feels like you are being left behind that in the end it will all be worth it and the result will be something special.

10. Do you believe in mermaids?

I love the thought that mermaids are out there somewhere. I'm very much a big believer that all things magical and fairy tale must originate from somewhere. If that makes me slightly naive or childish then cool, that's fine. I think at the moment the world could definitely do with some magic and imagination. 

11. Tell me about any pets you have, or may want!

I have a lovely little (not actually little, he's a massive monster) golden Labrador named Lofty. He will be 11 in July and is the laziest, most food obsessed dog you will ever meet. Basically the canine version of myself.

So there we have a slight insight into my mediocre life. I know the rule of thumb with this is that I ask 11 questions and tag some other bloggers to do this, but I'm going to break that rule today. I've already done the Liebster Award a couple of years ago and tagged my favourite small bloggers to do it, I've run out of people to tag for this one so I'm just going to leave it ambiguous and just answer my questions. Sorry if that offends anyone, by all means feel free to answer these questions for yourself though.

Have you learnt something new today?

Speak Soon
Char x 


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. I loved this! LOTR is the best film of the Middle-Earth franchise and while the Hobbit films are not on the same level, they aren't terrible. Your dog sounds utterly beautiful, and haha my cat Holly is a cat version of me lol! Agree completely on the mermaid front, we've only discovered 5% of the ocean, so I still believe they are down there, but they probably look more like the mer from Harry Potter rather than Ariel haha! Lovely writing as always ya total KWEEN ! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig