Pages

Thursday 8 June 2017

Please Vote // General Election 2017


Not my Image.
Today's the day, it's General Election day. I implore everyone to get out there and use your democratic right. No matter how much effort it feels, or if you can't be bothered, it doesn't matter if your constituency is a safe seat and you feel your vote won't make a difference. Please use it. 

It is so important that we have our say in how this country is run, if you're still not sure have a last minute read of the manifesto's, do some research. There is no excuse not to vote. I think it's so important for my fellow ladies to go out and exercise that right, the largest demographic of people who don't vote in the UK are women under the age of 30. Considering the fight that the women before us had to give us the opportunity to vote, and the fact that so many women around the world are still denied the chance to vote it saddens me that so many in this country aren't using it.

The way I see it, if you don't vote in this election then tomorrow morning and for the next 5 years you don't get to moan about the state of the country. End of. 



Today I will be voting Labour, because I believe in Jeremy Corbyn. I think for too long this country has pandered to millionaires & the corporations and left the rest of us behind. It is time that someone put the country first, and I believe Jeremy Corbyn to be a man of integrity who will do that. As someone who has a parent who has to deal with mental illness, and who is on benefits, I've seen first hand how the crumbling NHS and the cuts are affecting those who are just about getting by. 

How is it fair that those who are working so hard to keep us safe and who are saving lives are struggling to make ends meet, and having to rely on food banks?


I don't want to live in a country where our government is selling arms to Saudi Arabia which are subsequently being used for terrorist acts. I don't want to live in a country where children can't have a proper education because they can't get adequate support because classroom sizes are too big. As a young person I don't feel that this Tory government is in touch with our generation and are leaving us saddled with debt and unable to afford property. I also don't want to live in a country where our PM thinks the needless killing of animals is considered good sport. 


I will be voting Labour in this election because I think it's time for change, it's time for the richest in the country to start helping the poorest. It's time for a government that is for the many, not the few.


Whilst I have just made my views very clear, you have your own chance for your voice to be heard, regardless whether you agree with my opinions. Make your thoughts heard, use your vote and be the change you want to see. 

Regardless of the result the sun will still come up tomorrow and we will all have to get on with it. Don't be a dick to those who vote differently to you, it is their right to do so. But please do your research, don't be influenced by your family, your friends or even the media. Look for yourself and vote accordingly.

Will you be voting?
Who will you be voting for?

Speak Soon
Char xx


No comments:

Leave a comment.

Copyright @ by, char | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN