Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2018

Pumpkin Brownies




It's no secret that autumn is my favourite time of year, not just because of the colours and halloween but because it's an amazing time for food. I love all the comforting flavours that this part of the year brings, especially pumpkin. It's also no secret that I'm a sucker for sweet treats, and adore baking, although I must admit it's a hobby I've neglected for some time. In order to rectify this I thought I would combine my two favourite things.

You can never go wrong with a brownie, so I thought that I'd try my hand at baking some pumpkin, caramel brownies. They turned out pretty tasty, if I do say so myself and I love the way the marbling effect turned out. As they actually turned out to be quite easy to make, I thought I'd share the recipe in case you wanted to try and make this delicious treat for yourself.


Ingredients //

Chocolate Chips
Butter
Plain Flour
Baking Powder
Pumpkin Puree
Caster Sugar
Golden Caster Sugar 
Cinnamon
Eggs


Method // 

1.Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan oven.)
2.Line a square baking tin with baking parchment ( I didn't have any so used tin foil and it worked equally as well.) 
3. Melt 200g Chocolate chips with 185g Butter and then set aside to cool
4. Mix 3 eggs, 200g Caster Sugar & the cinnamon with the melted chocolate mixture.
5. Add 100g Plain Flour, 1 and half tablespoons Baking Powder & the Cinnamon into the mixture. 
6. Set aside 1/5 of the brownie batter and pour the rest into the baking tray and spread evenly.
7. Mix the pumpkin puree into a separate bowl with 2 eggs and a dash of milk (I used almond milk.)
8. Pour the pumpkin mixture on top of the brownie batter in the tray and spread evenly.
9. Make the caramel by melting 110g of golden caster sugar. 
10. Pour the Caramel evenly on top of the Pumpkin layer.
11. Using a knife, blend the layers together slightly creating a pattern, this will give the marble effect.
12. Cook for 30-40 minutes, until cooked through. 
13. Leave to cool before cutting. 
14. Enjoy these delicious gooey brownies. 






3 comments:

Copyright @ by, char | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN