Pages

Saturday 9 November 2013

Garnier Nutrisse | Caramel.

Guys I've got a confession to make...I've dyed my hair again. I genuinely think I have a hair dye addiction or I just got bored very easily -- bit of both I reckon. There is method in the madness this time I swear though! During the winter months I find myself wanting to spend less time on my hair, with hats to cover it up & wind blowing it left, right & centre I just can't be bothered with it to be honest. This laziness extends all the way to dyeing it, I just don't care about touching up my roots which leaves it looking rather scraggily! So to avoid gross looking hair & as winter is the perfect time for it I've gone to the dark side! 

I'm still a bit apprehensive about going full chocolate brown after my last dark endeavour many a year ago, so I've stuck in the shallow end & just gone for a caramel/ light brown colour (maybe I'll go all out brown one day, we'll see!) and I actually really like it! Obviously I am a blonde girl at heart and this will by no means be a permanent fixture! But I just fancied something different and a bit more natural so voilá! What do you think? The thing I like most about it is a) it makes my eyes look even more blue. b) my hair for the first time in a long time matches my eyebrows. A very big deal!

The dye I used to achieve this colour is Garnier Nutrisse Créme in 6.3 Caramel. As you probably know I love Garnier hair dye and don't think I will ever venture away from it. It always gives me a gorgeous colour & leaves my hair in amazing condition whereas some hair dyes I've used it in the past just leaves it feeling like straw, not nice at all. Of course the soft feel is mostly down to the conditioner, which I just adore, I've said this before but if they sold full size bottles of it I would be first in line to buy it. Amazing! The other thing I really like about this particular hair dye is the scent the dye itself leaves on the hair, obviously there is the standard hair dye whiff left on the hair for a small while but it isn't over powering in the slightest like I've found with some brands, theres nothing worse than stinky hair dye head! 



The colour itself is lovely, as I mentioned before its a light brown, caramel colour, its a very natural colour which I like and has both blondey and brown highlights running through it which makes it so much nicer than just a one dimensional block colour! I'm very pleased with it and would thoroughly recommend if your looking to go darker without going too dark, it is a very autumnal colour which is lovely for this time of year. The only thing to note is that when I washed it out I did have a moment of horror as it did look very dark when I was drying it, but once it was dried it looked lovely -- so just bear that in mind if your going to give it a go. 




Have you ever tried this colour before? What did you think of it?
Whats your favourite autumn/winter hair colour?
Would you give this colour a go?

p.s. expect another hair dye post in the spring for when I eventually get bored of it -- if I even last that long.

Speak Soon
Charlotte xx

Bloglovin | Twitter | Pinterest | Tumblr | Instagram

7 comments:

  1. Awwww you look gorge as a brunette!!
    Makes your complexion so much more warmer!

    xox

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10987339/death-by-coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, this colour looks fantastic on you! Really warm and autumnal, and definitely brings out those baby blues. You pull brunette off rather splendidly! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous especially for this time of year, you look great with either! xx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great colour on you! Much prefer it to the original.
    Adela x

    misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wish I had the guts to dye my hair like this! It looks absolutely gorgeous and gives such a lot of warmth to your face.
    Have a wonderful week!
    xx
    Celia @ thebraveryblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I think you could definitely pull of the chocolate colour, this caramel colour looks gorgeous on you!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking very pretty honey! Really nice change :) xx

    ps. thank you for sending me your link after the #bbloggers chat yesterday honey!

    EmmaBelleFashion | Twitter | GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ by, char | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN