Pages

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Half Marathon 2014.

Decked out in my running gear.

A few months ago I decided to set myself my biggest challenge to date, I decided I wanted to run a half marathon. Crazy I know. 

Shockingly this wasn't a complete impulse decision, I've been meaning to get properly fit for a while, no more fad diets or sporadic workouts and I thought what better way to do that.

Of course its all going to be for a good cause, I am running for the charity Mind, a mental health charity which does an incredible job and is quite often overlooked. I really think it needs a lot more support and credit for the work it does. Mental Health remains such a taboo subject and is far too often disregarded in todays society, this is something that needs to be changed asap. The fact that there remains a huge stigma around Mental Health is shocking considering the fact that 1 in 4 people experience a form of mental health problem every year. 

This charity and topic is one close to my heart, but thats a story for another time. 

Now I'm sharing this with you because this is partly a lifestyle blog & this huge challenge is part of my life. Now I don't expect anything from any of you, but I am going to leave the link for my Just Giving page just in case anyone is feeling especially generous, please don't feel obliged in the slightest. :)


Six weeks to go and training is going well (could be better) but I remain very very scared! 

Wish me luck

Have you ever taken part in a half marathon?
Do you have any advice for a running newbie?

Speak Soon
Charlotte xx

1 comment:

  1. Good for you I would love to run a half marathon I've been contemplating signing up for one next year but i've never ran more than 5k before not sure I could! Good luck I'm sure you will do great :) x
    An Uninventive Name

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ by, char | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN