Pages

Thursday 4 August 2016

Harley Quinn Hair | Schwarzkopf Live Colour


When it comes to dying my hair I'm very much a DIY kind of girl, here is how I used Schwarzkopf Live Colour to achieve my Harley Quinn-esque hair. 

I'm constantly on the hunt to find the best dyes for bright or pastel colours. Many I have experienced haven't had quite enough colour pigment or haven't lasted long enough to warrant the effort that goes into it. This is the first time using this particular brand and I must say I was very impressed, the two colours I opted for were '093 Shocking Pink' and '095 Electric Blue.' Both colours came out exactly how they look on the box and despite being semi permanent seem to be lasting a lot longer than a lot of other dyes I've used. What really impresses me about these dyes is that they include multiple sachets of conditioner so that you have the option to make the dyes more pastel to suit your taste without having to use up all of your own conditioner.

I opted for a mixed dip dye look, one side is pink and the other is blue. In order to create this look I parted my hair evenly down the middle and put my hair into bunches, placing the hair band where I wanted the dye to end. I opted to do the dip-dye quite high up on my hair, but that's because I have quite long hair and liked the way it looked. Where you wish to end the dye is your own personal preference. One of the most important things when dip dyeing your hair is to ensure it is blended well and isn't just a block of colour. I used the pure dye on the ends and then half way up before diluting the dye with conditioner to make it lighter and lighter until it was well faded at the top. 

Just to warn you this is a very messy process so be sure to use gloves, wear old clothes and put down old towels and ensure you clean up any spillages ASAP. 



 I'm very happy with how this look turned out. It's a bit of a twist on classic dip dye and meant that I didn't have to decide between pink and blue. If it doesn't prove to be too much of a challenge to maintain I can picture myself keeping this look for a while. I love it.

What are your thoughts on Schwarzkopf Live Colour?
Would you brave this look?

Speak Soon
Charlotte xx 



3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh your hair like old amazing! It turned out amazingly, I love how vibrant it is xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I'm so happy with how it turned out and the colour so far is lasting really well! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, a brave choice! It suits you very well xx

    Tajaljeh // https://lifeastajaljeh.blogspot.si/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ by, char | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN